PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, November 8, 2010

Gooblek Recipe

Here's an easy recipe for some Gooblek! This recipe came from Science Play. 1 and 1/4 cup cornstarch to 3/4 water. Mix in a pan and cornstarch until the mixture is thick enough to form a ball with your hands. This is a messy one, but my dd LOVED it! Since cornstarch does not dissolve in water the way other powders do, Gooblek acts like both a solid and a liquid at once. If you move the mixture slowly, it's very liquidy. If you move it fast, it's quite solid! Gooblek will clog your drain, so I washed her hands off outside and then you can throw it away in the trash or compost it. OR, save it and let the water dissolve. You'll have just the cornstarch left and can add water the next time you want to play!

1 comment:

Annette W. said...

We used to love this for the Science Fair when I taught at Nature's Classroom. I recommend letting it harden, then just tossing it in the trash.

Maybe next summer I will be brave enough to use it with my kids. When did you start using it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails