PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, March 7, 2013

I'm writing a family devotional!

And I'm planning to share it with you all! :) Don't get overly excited, I'm not writing a book or anything, but a ten lesson family devotional on the fruit of the Spirit. Our church has been talking about the fruit of the Spirit recently on Sundays, and one day as we were heading home, I said something to Raymond about how we should study the fruit of the Spirit in our family worship time. He laughed, saying he was thinking the same thing. I love when what we learn in church can be expanded upon at home!

We found a devotion online and started using it, only to quickly find that it didn't meet our needs. It was too watered down, and there wasn't enough scripture explaining what each fruit of the Spirit really is. It was a great jumping off point, but every night I kept thinking that there was so much more we were adding to our study and I started wanting to rewrite it myself. So I am!

Hopefully there are those of you out there who read my blog and would benefit from something like this. I'm not sure how long it will take me, but I hope to finish fairly quickly. This is the first time I've ever attempted to write something like this, and I'm finding that I enjoy it very much and will likely write more in the future! The other aspect is learning to share files. Does anyone have advice on that? I had a dear reader offer to host my power cards (a very popular post on my blog due to pinterest), but I would rather host my own files so I guess I need to figure that out too!

I'm so excited to share this devotional with you all, and I hope some of you are excited as well!

post signature

4 comments:

Annette Whipple said...

:) When you figure out where you want to share, I would be happy to test your link!!!

Anonymous said...

So exciting. I' ve been wanting one on the armor of God and haven't found one yet, maybe I will write one, or you could do that one next.
April

Anonymous said...

Danny says do pdf formats. I have a good friend christy who would know all about sharing files.

Natasha @ Christian Mom Thoughts said...

That's so exciting! Funny you should mention it - I went looking for one on the fruits of the Spirit a couple of months ago and couldn't find anything very interesting myself. This sounds great! Dropbox is a great way to share files easily.

Related Posts with Thumbnails