PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 23, 2009

Another Activity with Rice

So, I expanded on the drawing in rice activity, and my kids really enjoyed it, so I will share it with you! It's a really simple activity, and one that I am SURE we will be repeating again and again. Pour out about 1/2 cup of rice onto a plate. Place the plate on a cookie sheet to contain the mess. Give your child different utensils to manipulate the rice. Things like measuring cups, spoons, medicine spoons and cups, or a funnel are great ideas. Let them scoop, pour, transfer, and otherwise work with the rice.


An activity like this is a wonderful learning tool to help teach a child about cause and effect, and it develops manual dexterity. My children both had a great time with this activity, especially my 2 year old. She kept at it for 30 minutes or so, and I know she'll be asking to do this one over and over. I hope your little ones enjoy this as much as mine did!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails