PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Banana Prints

With Valentines day coming up, I wanted to do something for the grandparents, but also stick to my food theme (which, by the way, is coming to a close soon). I came up with banana prints. I cut several pieces of cardstock into squares and then sliced a banana (still in the peel) in half. We used pink and red paint to stamp banana circles on the paper. We glued these squares, along with some red decorative paper to large construction paper. On top of each painted square, I added a wooden heart made from a Popsicle stick (an idea I found on www.flipflopsandapplesauce.blogspot.com). Inside, I wrote "Love is" and had each of my children dictate to me what they thought love was. Of course, afterward, I sliced the dirty part of the banana off and we had a sweet treat!

To make the Popsicle stick hearts, simply cut the ends of a Popsicle stick or tongue depressor off at an angle using a strong pair of nippers, and glue them together to make hearts. I had mine color them with markers, but you could also paint them. Here are some pics:


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails