PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Homemade Shape Game

I saw this game on Chasing Cheerios ages ago, and actually put it together quite a few months back. Little Bean has just started to enjoy this one, though he has been working with it for a while. In the past, he could only complete the square and the triangle, but today he was able to do the rectangle and trapezoid all on his own as well.

To make this, all you need are tongue depressors and some colored stickers. I used star stickers in several different colors and color coded the sticks that went together to make a shape. For instance, you need three sticks to make a triangle, so I added red star stickers to three sticks. I also added the word for the shape onto the color coded sticks for clarity's sake.







2 comments:

Sheena said...

I love these easy activities that I already have materials for. Yay!

Shannon said...

I loved this idea and used it on my blog:

Popsicle Stick Shapes

Thanks for the great idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails