PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, June 22, 2009

Frames for Father's Day


Miss O and Little Bean made these picture frames for Daddy this Father's Day. Yes, I know this post is a little too late, but I thought I'd post about it anyway--I'm sure a gift like this could be tailored to any holiday or occasion.
To make this, I went to Michael's Craft Store and purchased two unfinished wooden frames for a $1 a piece. I tore different colors of construction paper into tiny pieces, and then had Miss O and Little Bean dip the pieces in watered down Modge Podge and stick them to the front of the frame in any fashion they chose. We did the same for the words across the top. Once they did that, I coated it with another layer of Modge Podge (undiluted), and let dry. The following day I cut out the simple little people from construction paper and they used regular glue to glue those on. I again covered them in Modge Podge, they added the googly eyes, and once it dried, it was done!
Daddy really liked the frames, and I hope he will enjoy them on his desk for years to come!

1 comment:

Christy Killoran said...

They are so cute! I could actually do this with my kids. I'm bookmarking this page for a future gift idea. Thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails