PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pouring Popcorn


Pouring is a classic Montessori activity which I included in both Little Bean and Miss O's boxes this week. Both of them enjoyed this activity tremendously. It was both challenging and rewarding for them. After working with this for a while, Little Bean commented, "Mom, I like the way the popcorn sounds when I pour it" and then, "and the way it feels--it's smooth and bumpy and pokey all at once." I thought it was interesting how he was using all his senses to understand and complete his work. I'm continually impressed with how such simple activities are really so much more enriching and complex in the eyes of children.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails