PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, January 4, 2010

Up and My Little Wilderness Explorers

Little Bean received this nifty book from a family friend this Christmas, and has really been enjoying it. I watched Disney's Up with my husband, and let me tell you, I wouldn't let my little ones watch it. It was very suspenseful, even for me! But, the book is quite cute! It's not a story book; rather it is a Wilderness Explorer's Guide book!
Each page tells the story of how the little guy in the movie (his name escapes me) earned his badges. This page is all about the gardening badge:
And here are pages for the knot tying and sewing badges, complete with examples of different stitches and knots:
In the back, there are three pages loaded with stickers, including big round stickers with pictures that represent each badge. I cut out an old piece of butcher paper, and Little Bean enjoyed adding "badges" to his "sash". He didn't want to use up all the stickers, but later I found his open book and all the badges stuck to his paper sash!
Of course, Miss O wanted to model the sash too!

It would've been a lot of fun to try to do some of the badge requirements and add a badge each time he completed an activity, but frankly, he had already dug into the stickers by the time I thought this project up, so it was too late. He may be a little young for that yet as well, and it'd probably not be as exciting if he had to wait for each badge. It would be fun to do something like that with an older kid though. :)

3 comments:

Mama to 5 said...

Very cute book - I may have to look into it - my boys love the UP movie. Cute way to learn!

Willow said...

I haven't seen UP but that book looks so cute and I love your idea of earning the stickers but I think mine are too young for that now too but something to file away for later! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Very cute! My son would love the badges!

Related Posts with Thumbnails