PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 15, 2010

Field Guide Help

Even though we live in a fairly urban area, we have quite a few nature reserves and different places to go hiking and explore nature. Between my recent reading of Charlotte Mason and the absolutely beautiful spring weather we've been having, I've gained a new interest in nature study. I'd love for the kids to be able to learn of some of the names of different small animals, insects, plants, trees and flowers that we see on these nature walks.

But I must confess, I really have no knowledge of these things, so I am looking for a quality field guide or two to help us along. I would love something small enough to go with us, with high quality photos of real things (versus only drawings or illustrations). I'm looking for a guide that's easy to use and it'd be great if it covered more than one thing (for example, if it covered both trees and flowers in the same book).

I'd love ANY suggestions you may have!

1 comment:

Annette W. said...

Audubon puts out regional field guides. I have one and it has plants, trees, and birds and insects, I think. I used it when I did enviro edu.

Related Posts with Thumbnails