PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Kinda big news for our family...

Those of you who know me in real life may know this already, so this is for the rest of you. :)
We have some kinda big news--we are going to be foster parents! Raymond, my husband, picked up this magazine at Subway a few weeks after we moved here. And in the magazine was this ad that was for a foster parenting agency. And it was saying that they really needed homes for children in the 0 to 3 age range. In fact, this particular agency only places children in that age bracket.

We had talked about adoption and foster care many times off and on throughout our marriage, but Raymond has always been hesititant because he always thought he'd get attached and then have to see the kids go back home. Well, something about this ad really touched him, and he brought up the possibility of becoming a foster family with me.

I was all for it! :) So we started the process. It's a long process, 27 hours of training classes, CPR and first aid training, 2 home studies, lots of paperwork, and background, psychological, and fingerprint tests. We have just finished the classes, and one of the home studies, and are just now waiting on the other home study and for our fingerprints and references to come back (thank you to all those who are my references!). We should get a placement hopefully by the end of July.

Any child who is or has been in the foster care system has suffered abuse and neglect. Our family is really excited to be a part of healing and hope for these little ones.

post signature

7 comments:

Natasha said...

This is so exciting...I didn't know you could have a placement so soon now! Wow! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Annette W. said...

Congratulations! This sounds like a big prayer request, too! I'm excited for you all!

Angela said...

My oldest two were adopted from the foster care system. The healing process is vital, and a wonderful thing to be a part of. My husband and I loved being foster parents, and hope to do it again sometime. You will make great foster parents. It always puts a smile on my face when I hear of people willing to take on such a rewarding thing. Feel free to e-mail me with questions.

Corina said...

Oh, wow! That is big news! Congrats! I have several friends who are foster parents. It's a hard, but very rewarding, adventure. I know the Lord can use your family to bless the children placed in your care.

Lori said...

How exciting for you and your family and what a blessing for the children!

~Lori

mysteryhistorymom said...

Such exciting news! I know that your family will be such a blessing to some deserving little ones.:) Stopping by from the Crew! Lori

Mamma_volipindarici said...

Congratulations! This is a real big new!

Related Posts with Thumbnails