PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Contact Paper Collage

I first saw this idea on Chasing Cheerios, and thought I'd give it a try with my littles ones yesterday. This activity turned out to be a real winner with both kids. They each worked on their collages for around 20 to 30 minutes! Also, I love that it is open ended and they could arrange the materials any way they liked.

To do this, I taped a piece of clear contact paper to the sliding glass door, sticky side out. Then I gathered a basket of different materials to add to the collage--puffballs, ribbon and bows, sequins and jewels, etc. The kids had a blast sticking the different materials on. Little Bean even started arranging the ribbons in a pattern on his collage.



Once they were finished, I removed the contact paper from the window and applied another piece on top, to hold everything together. These look beautiful hanging in the window, or just framed on a wall.

1 comment:

Christy Killoran said...

We did this two weeks ago and my kids loved it too. We still have ours hanging on the slider because it looks so pretty when the sun shines through.

Related Posts with Thumbnails